A local business owner and Tucson native, Moniqua Lane is best known for her 2013 transformation of a residential complex in downtown Tucson into The Downtown Clifton Hotel, a Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice award winning property. In 2019, Moniqua expanded the lodging component of the hotel and built the on-site Red Light Lounge, a food and cocktail destination. The Downtown Clifton has been recognized in major media publications including Travel and Leisure, NY Magazine, Thrillist, NY Times The Guardian and Arizona Highways. Moniqua is a frequently requested speaker about independent brand development within the hotel industry. Moniqua is a former lawyer by trade and training, and spent several years practicing law before transitioning into real estate development. She is also a Principal Founder and Partner in Tanzillo Construction company.
Developer/Owner/Operator, The Downtown Clifton Hotel, Opened 2015
- Conceptualized, branded, designed and built an independent, boutique lifestyle hotel;a value-add conversion from existing circa 1948 residential complex to 10-unit commercial lodging. Property has been profiled in several publications and was featured in the Discovery Network program (re)Motel as well as several music videos.
- Development and oversight of facility expansion, including architecture and engineering, entitlement, contracting, construction and financing. In 2019, added 22 additional rooms and the onsite restaurant. Increased facility from 3,000 to 20,000 sq ft. and conceptualized, branded, designed and built the Red Light Lounge, a food and cocktail destination for hotel guests and area residents.
Developer/Owner/Operator, Brannick Lodge at Mare Pasture, Under Development
- 20 casitas, dining and event facilities at the foothills of the Chiricahua Mountains, the heart of Southern Arizona’s wine country, featuring a winery and vineyards, hiking and horseback trails and camping.
Community and Industry Involvement
- Visit Tucson CVB, Board Member
- Boutique Luxury Lodging Association, Member
- Tucson Industrial Development Authority, Board Member
- City of Tucson, Planning Commission, Member